Friday 28 February 2014

Miyabi Sushi and Bento

Hi, my name is Pauline and I am a sushi addict. It is crazy how addictive sushi can be, and as you can see, Dana and I are lovers of sushi and in the future a chunk of our reviews will probably be directed towards Japanese restaurants. Dubai seems to be flooded with Japanese restaurants but somehow there still doesn't seem to be enough. We are always looking for new places to try out and if ever you have any suggestions please do share with us we would love to try them out :)

I have been hearing rave reviews about Miyabi Sushi and Bento for quite some time now, so I figured why not give it a proper shot? It is tucked away in Media City in an office building making it slightly hard for customers to know about. My date has been living 5 minutes away for years now and has never heard of it. The place is quite cozy and spacious with a very friendly team of staff.

The menu features a paramount amount of options, the choices of sushi seem endless. We decided to be a bit adventurous and mix it up by trying out the more quirky looking options. We ordered: the 49er's, the Crunch California Roll and the Lion King Roll. Each one was beautifully plated and presented. The 49er's is a California Roll topped with some Salmon and a very thin slice of lemon. It tasted quite nice and flavorful, it was a simple option but simple sometimes goes a long way. Next was the Crunch California Roll, a California Roll topped with some shredded crabsticks, eggs and Tobiko. I always order sushi rolls very similar to this one, it is one of my favorites (especially at Scoozi). Having had high expectations I was slightly disappointed with this version which was too salty and too dry for my liking. The final dish was the Lion King Roll, which is a California Roll topped with cooked salmon and a hot sauce (california rolls seem to be the theme of the night I guess). The plate looks like there is a lot going on, and there is, but somehow all the elements come together and blend harmoniously, although I do recommend that you share it since it might be too much for one person. 

We also ordered a plate of Salmon Sashimi and Volcano Shrimp. The Sashimi tasted fresh and did not have a lingering taste of the sea. The Shrimp was a combination of the TNT dish at Manga Sushi and the Dynamite Shrimp at PFChangs, combining the best of both worlds but still somehow missing the mark.



Granted I have had sushi that is much more delicious and addictive but something about the overly friendly staff, the quiet and close location and the abundance of options gives me a feeling that I will probably be coming back for more. The Sake Don was definitely calling out to me, that is going to be next on my list for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment